Khulisa’s approach is rooted in the highest level of ethics and transparency. Over the past 25+ years we have refined our expertise in Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL), Impact Investment Analysis & Reporting, Research, and Data Quality Assurance, globally.
Our evaluations are based on uncovering theories of change and stakeholder participation. We use best practice methodologies and continuously aim to build individual- and institutional capacity in our projects.
We adopt a number of research methodologies during in our work including:
- Utilisation Focussed Evaluation
- Developmental Evaluation
- Performance Evaluation
- Impact Evaluation
- Value-based Evaluation
- Quasi Experimental and Randomised Control Trials
- Social Network Analysis
- Most Significant Change
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Value for Money Analysis
Khulisa uses the following techniques for data collection:
- Surveys (online, face-to-face, mobile devices and tablets, households)
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Desk Studies and Literature Reviews
- Case Studies
- Data Mining
Focus on Quality
Central to our approach is using several methods to ensure that our teams accomplish contract and deliverable requirements in an efficient manner and to clients’ quality expectations. We regularly review and monitor processes and constantly quality assure products. We document issues and course corrections – and at times these result in overall adjustments to corporate policies and procedures.
Our Quality Assurance (QA) focuses on processes specific to new business development, recruitment, project management, financial management, fieldwork management (data collection), data security and protection as well as Information Technology (IT).
Policy and process documents are drafted, implemented and updated to provide the necessary guidance to ensure quality across these functions.
Our approach to quality is guided by the following quality management principles:
- Strong customer focus: Khulisa continuously strives to meet or exceed customer expectations and satisfaction by utilizing a customer-centric style and through Key Performance Indicators.
- Leadership: At Khulisa, management is committed to creating unity of purpose and the conditions for inclusive engagement of staff.
- Engagement of people: Khulisa’s workforce is its most important asset. We continuously strive to create opportunities that recognize, empower, and enhance the competence of our staff at all levels throughout the organization.
- Process approach: Our process approach outlines the steps for success. This means activities are managed as processes, measured, and connections between activities are identified. Opportunities for improvement are tracked.
- Improvement: At Khulisa, we have an ongoing focus on improvement. This is essential for us to maintain current levels of performance, react to changes, and create new opportunities.
- Evidence-based decision making: Our decisions are based on the analysis and evaluation of data and information.
- Relationship management: Our relationship between suppliers and other partners is based upon a spirit of collaboration to optimize the impact of our performance.