Based in Washington D.C., USA
Khulisa seeks a qualified, experienced Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated multi-year USAID Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment Hub’s (GenDev) MEL Initiative based in Washington D.C. The project will support the Bureau for Development, Democracy, and Innovation (DDI) as well as relevant other Bureaus/Missions on design, performance M&E and operational learning and adapting focused on Gender Social Inclusion (GSI).
We expect this is a full-time employment contract opportunity based in Washington D.C., USA with potential travel to USAID Missions. Contingent upon projectaward to Khulisa.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The COP will be responsible for leading and managing the overall project, working closely with USAID counterparts and other key stakeholders. Specifically, the COP will:
- Lead and manage the MEL activity team, including steering work planning and associated budgeting, achieving activity results effectively and efficiently and ensure overall quality control.
- Supervise, motivate, and coordinate the team to meet evolving complex project demands, ensuring a focus on core objectives, achievements of objectives and timely implementation.
- Provide strong strategic direction, technical leadership, and project management to successfully implement project activities and produce results.
- Offer GSI technical assistance in MEL platform deliverables’ design, development and implementation.
- Serve as key liaison working with DDI, USAID Missions and key stakeholders to develop GSI indicators, metrics and learning activities to be implemented across USAID globally.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Relevant Master’s degree (international development, gender studies, sociology, etc.)
- 10 years of demonstrated experience in the planning, design, and performance management of international development assistance programs, preferably funded by USG.
- Thorough working knowledge of USG operations, regulations, policies, procedures and programs.
- Expertise in large-scale data-driven MEL / Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA)
- 8 years’ experience in gender analysis, integration, and/or gender and social inclusion programs.
- Experience designing, managing, or implementing social impact and development activities related to gender inclusion and gender analysis.
- Expertise designing inclusivity metrics, indicators and operational and technical strategies for GSI.
- Previous experience in similar leadership positions, ideally as USAID CoP required.
- Significant experience leading and supervising multi-cultural high-performing teams and managing group dynamics.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, and management, skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication, presentation, and negotiating skills.
- Fluency in English (Level 4) with superior oral and written communication skills.
- Relevant PhD degree (international development, gender studies, sociology, etc) (Preferred)
- Experience providing GSI expertise/technical assistance on a USAID-funded program (Preferred).
Please apply with a comprehensive CV, highlighting relevant experience to email@example.com