USAID/Southern Africa Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Knowledge Management IDIQ, South Africa
5 YEAR FULL TIME CONSULTANCY OPPORTUNITY
Lead Monitoring Expert
Must be resident in South Africa
- Data quality analysis, including providing technical assistance and undertaking data quality analysis.
- Performance monitoring plan development and support, including designing, planning, collecting, verifying, assessing and reviewing performance indicator data and performance management tasks.
- Macro and portfolio level monitoring at the intermediate result level, including designing, planning, collecting, verifying, assessing and/or reviewing performance indicator data or indicators.
- Theory of change technical assistance, including developing and executing workshops in evidence-based theories of change and scopes of work for evaluations, particularly considering conflict of interest issues.
- Ensure that short- and long-term monitoring team members recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise.
- Master’s degree or higher in international relations, economics, political science, public policy, statistics, etc. with professional training in performance monitoring design and implementation.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in the design and management of indicators, monitoring and evaluation plans, performance targets, data quality assessments, data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Experience providing guidance in developing, managing and updating performance management plans, performance indicator tracking systems/databases and using performance monitoring data.
- Experience providing group of various sizes and one-on-one training and mentoring on monitoring- related subjects i.e., results-based management.
- Familiarity with USG policies, related to performance monitoring.
- Familiarity with a diverse set of programming, i.e. health, agriculture, education, governance, one of which must be health or agriculture as well as the gender dimensions of monitoring.
- Previous work experience in Southern Africa region.
- Fluency in written and oral English required.
This position will be based full-time in South Africa. Locally based South African citizens or permanent residents are encouraged to apply.
Anticipated start date: Late 2017 or early in 2018 (to last 5 years)
Interested? Do you meet all the above requirements?
Email: Comprehensive CV highlighting the above criteria to email@example.com
We will only contact short-listed candidates.