Data, Evaluation, Learning and Technical Assistance (DELTA) Activity
Khulisa seeks a qualified and experienced Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated 5-year USAID Data, Evaluation, Learning and Technical Assistance (DELTA) activity in Liberia. The project will support the USAID Mission in Liberia Office of Program and Project Development, as well as Development Objective Teams regarding project design, performance M&E and operational learning and adapting. It will also:
- Support the mission teams to allow agility and adaptability in the dynamic development context in Liberia
- Produce data-driven analyses to inform activity design and implementation
- Maintain a performance management system; and
- Support data calls and reporting requirements that demand rapid assimilation and synthesis of various data points.
We expect this is a full-time employment contract opportunity based in Monrovia, Liberia and is contingent upon project award to Khulisa
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The COP will be responsible for leading and managing the overall project, working closely with USAID counterparts and national-level government stakeholders. Specifically, the COP will:
- Supervise, motivate, and coordinate the project team to meet evolving complex project demands, ensuring a focus on core objectives, achievements of work plan and targets, and timely / effective implementation.
- Provide strong strategic direction, technical leadership, and project management to successfully implement project activities and produce results.
- Ensure a strong utilization focus ensuring key stakeholders use DELTA activity results.
- Lead and manage the DELTA Activity, including:
- Steer work planning and associated budgeting
- Achieve DELTA activity results effectively and efficiently
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical and management activities, including necessary adjustments to operations and budget to fit USAID requirements
- Recruit staff and consultants
- Supervise finance and administration, logistics, human resources and other operations.
- Oversee project budget and ensure compliance with Khulisa standard operating procedures and all USAID requirements, rules and regulations
- Work closely, and communicate effectively and professionally, with USAID/Liberia’s Program Office, Mission technical offices, staff and other stakeholders such as the Government of Liberia, USAID implementing partners and other donors.
- Monitor the progress and pace of project implementation, assuring that the full potential of the project is realized through the production of high quality work and promotion of internal quality controls.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Master’s degree in a related field such as international development, business, economics, statistics, social science, public policy, economics, or other relevant fields.
- 10 years of demonstrated experience in the planning, design, and performance management of international development assistance programs, preferably those funded by the USG.
- Expertise in large-scale data-driven Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL)/ Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) including, but not limited to: evaluations, assessments, and other data-driven analyses to inform activity design and implementation; performance management, data calls and reporting requirements that demand rapid assimilation and synthesis of various data points, etc.
- Strong understanding of multi-sectoral development theory.
- Previous experience in similar leadership positions required.
- Significant experience leading and supervising multi-cultural high-performing teams and managing group dynamics.
- Familiarity with the Liberian culture, society and development context or that of other similar countries in the region.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, and management, skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication, presentation, and negotiating skills.
- Fluency in English (Level 4) with superior oral and written communication skills.
- PhD degree in a related field such as international development, business, economics, statistics, social science, public policy, economics, or other relevant fields.
- Thorough working knowledge of USG operations, regulations, policies, procedures and programs.
- Experience working with previous U.S. government programs preferred.
- Sector experience in the economic growth, democracy and governance, and citizen security.
- Experience working in Liberia is highly desirable.
Khulisa is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Khulisa provides market-competitive salaries and employee benefits.
Please apply wish comprehensive CV highlighting experience to email@example.com