Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor
Expertise in Eastern Africa energy and power sectors
Successful candidate will have proven experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) including previous USAID project experience.
- Minimum of a relevant Master’s Degree
- 5-7+ years relevant professional experience in M&E and learning
- Knowledge of donors especially USAID funded programs, M&E, reporting requirements
- Expertise in the energy and power sectors (specifically in Eastern Africa) highly advantageous
Long-Term, Full-Time: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor
Khulisa will staff one full-time, long-term (4 years) position to support the USAID Power Africa East Africa Energy Program (EAEP) staff as an M&E and Learning Advisor.
- Provide oversight, quality assurance, and backstopping for all M&E activities, including designing and implementing evaluations and M&E systems, performance indicator identification and definition, design and field testing of data collection instruments, data quality protocols, data analysis, sampling, and reporting, according to USAID standards.
- Oversee and support the tasks of the Khulisa EAEP M&E Team Leader and part-time M&E Team members, including M&E Plans, quarterly and annual reporting and presentations, disseminating results and recommendations from evaluations, planning special outreach events, and designing and utilizing program reporting forms and remote field monitoring methodologies.
- Provide M&E training and technical assistance to EAEP team members, implementing partners, and host country government officials and advises on the collection of M&E data, related performance indicators, and M&E best practices, as requested.
- Ensure the completion of all M&E activities across project results and ensure learning by all staff, stakeholders, and partners.
- Participate in data collection and analysis through fieldwork in country, as needed.
Application deadline – January 25, 2019
Anticipated start date: February 2019