short-term remote work
Khulisa seeks to hire assistant researchers on a short-term basis to work remotely. Contribute to a current Trafficking in Persons (TIP) project on a variety of tasks. This research seeks to build capacity in young and emerging researchers, and there is a preference for individuals from historically disadvantaged universities.
Self-motivated candidates with the ability to work remotely and independently.
Must have access to the internet.
2x individuals with Completed LLB’s or Honours Degrees (Social Sciences)
- Must have keen interest in human trafficking and/or violence against women and children.
- A good understanding of open-source information/intelligence gathering.
- Individual must be well-versed with the definition of Trafficking in Persons as contained in the Prevention and Combating of Trafficking in Persons Act 7, 2013
1x individual with a Bachelor of Law degree or in the final stages of obtaining one.
- Preference will be given to a student pursuing postgraduate level law studies. Fluency in English, other South African languages will be considered an asset,
- All written and verbal communication will be in English.
- Proven experience with legal and policy research and analysis, preference given to a candidate with experience in TIP research.
3x Research assistant with Honours Degree in Social Sciences, and interest /previous research experience in human trafficking in persons (TIP), or similar field.
- Fluency in English, other South African languages will be considered an asset, but all written and verbal communication will be in English.
1x MA (Dissertation) student, with a research focus on human trafficking/trafficking in persons or similar.