Khulisa seeks a qualified and experienced Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated 5-year USAID Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) activity in Honduras. Significant sector experience in the economic growth, democracy and governance, and citizen security preferred.
The activity will (i) design, implement, and disseminate evaluations, assessments, surveys and monitoring analyses; (ii) facilitate intentional use of collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) among USAID/Honduras staff, implementing partners, and internal and external stakeholders; and (iii) build MEL capacity of USAID/Honduras and implementing partners, local organizations, and government counterparts.
This is a full-time position based in Tegucigalpa, Honduras and is contingent upon project award to Khulisa.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The COP will be responsible for leading and managing the overall project, working closely with USAID counterparts and national-level government stakeholders. Specifically, the COP will:
- Provide strong strategic direction, technical leadership, and project management to successfully implement project activities and produce results.
- Serve as the key Khulisa liaison with USAID/Honduras management units (Program Office, Expanded M&E Team, DO Teams), implementing partners, local organizations, and government counterparts.
- Monitor the progress and pace of project implementation, assuring that the full potential of the project is realized through the production of high quality work and promotion of internal quality controls.
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical and management activities, including necessary adjustments to operations and budget to fit USAID requirements.
- Provide substantive technical contributions to project MEL activities, including but not limited to the design and implementation of performance monitoring systems; assessments, evaluations, and special studies (including data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks), and learning/adaptive management activities.
- Supervise, motivate, and coordinate the project team to meet evolving project demands, ensuring a focus on core objectives, achievements of work plan and targets, and timely / effective implementation.
- Oversee project budget and ensure compliance with Khulisa standard operating procedures and USAID rules and regulations
- Maintain high level of communication and relationship management with USAID, internal, and external program partners
- Master’s degree in international development, business, economics, statistics, social science, public policy, economics, or related field.
- 15 years of demonstrated experience in applied MEL, preferably on USAID projects.
- Expertise in large-scale MEL/CLA including, but not limited to: performance monitoring methods (results framework, indicator development, performance monitoring planning, design/management of routine information systems) and evaluation methods (various evaluation designs, statistical sampling), analytical methods (both quantitative and qualitative), and CLA methods (adult learning, adaptive management processes, knowledge management)
- Significant experience leading and supervising multi-cultural high-performing teams and managing group dynamics.
- Significant sector experience in the economic growth, democracy and governance, and citizen security preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and communication / presentation skills.
- Experience working in Central America required. Experience in Honduras preferred.
- Spanish language skills required. English proficiency highly preferred.
Khulisa is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Khulisa provides market-competitive salaries and employee benefits.