Excellent opportunity for professionals with a passion for International/Social development, education, and monitoring and evaluation. Khulisa seeks a strong, experienced evaluator, capable of managing technical design and implementation, client engagement and teams on various monitoring and evaluation assignments.
This is a full-time position in our Johannesburg office.
- A Master’s degree (in a relevant field, such as education, social sciences, M&E, etc.)
- 3 to 5 years demonstrated experience conducting and leading M&E activities
- such as conducting evaluations, designing/implementing M&E frameworks, developing theories of change, data quality audits, performance assessments, interpretation and analysis of data sets and report writing.
- Qualitative and/or quantitative evaluation skills, including sample design, mixed method designs, data analysis and instrument development
- At least 3 years’ experience managing inter-cultural and multi-sectoral team members
- Fluency in English
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and integrate diverse information from varied sources
- Pro-active self-starter, team player willing to take initiative and go the extra mile
- Willingness to embrace a variety of tasks, including fieldwork, tool (instrument) development, and data analysis
- A driving license and willingness to travel
- A good command of statistics, sampling methodologies, and statistical analysis software such as SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, among others
- Experience managing complex data collection and analysis efforts
- Understanding client-related reporting, policies and procedures (USAID, Foundations, UN, Gov)
- French, Portuguese, and/or African language proficiency
- Manage programme evaluations, assessments, data quality audits, etc.
- Supervise and collect, capture and analyse data and prepare reports
- Develop tools for data collection – e.g. baseline evaluation, other assessments/protocols
- Contribute to data management. Analyse data, prepare and write reports of results
- Lead or contribute to technical components of proposals
- Manage projects and assignments
- Present and disseminate M&E results to diverse audiences effectively
- Facilitate internal and external workshops and events
- Contribute to thought leadership in Khulisa and the sector
Khulisa will only be in contact with shortlisted candidates that meet the above requirements for an Assessment centre and Interview. Salary negotiable.