Position is based in Eswatini
Full time employment on current 3 year USAID project
The USAID/eSwatini Client Management Information System (ECMIS) is a three-year technical assistance and capacity building task order that supports the Government of the Kingdom of Eswatini’s (GKoE) to develop, maintain, and use a client management information system (CMIS). The Senior Advisor for Strategic Information will have principal responsibility for providing technical expertise and management oversight for all project information needs.
Key Skills & Experience required:
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in (Health) information systems, health systems, international development, public/business administration, international relations, other social sciences or a similar relevant field
- 10+ years relevant experience in Strategic (Health) Information, Evaluation, and Management Information Systems (MIS)
- At least 10 years’ experience in program management at a senior level
- Experience with development of government ministries and ability to foster and maintain good working relationships with senior officials
- Demonstrated competence in negotiation and communication
- Proven presentation and writing skills
- Extensive experience leading teams for USAID projects/programs, preferably in ESwatini
- Southern African in-country work experience, including ESwatini
- Experience in gender programming highly advantageous
Strategic Information Expert – Tasks & Responsibilities
- Expertise in managing a complex (information system and other) development activities at National level.
- Demonstrate ability to present information on scientific studies, operations research and cost-benefit analysis, including using relevant data for advocacy on integrating high-impact practices at all levels of implementation;
- Demonstrated experience in assisting senior management team and the Ministry of Health in designing and executing project information needs;
- Demonstrated ability to ensure all project data meets quality standards.
- Direct experience supporting all project reporting and documentation activities.
- Coordinate with the Chief of Party in management of the technical components of rolling out the CMIS , providing programmatic leadership and overseeing the strategic planning of activities in support of the project goals and objectives, including the determination of appropriate technical initiatives
- Ensure results-oriented technical components and high-quality and timely deliverables and reports, focusing on synergistic coordination of all technical areas
- Advise national counterparts on technical issues and participate in relevant advisory and/or working groups with counterparts, partner institutions, the Ministry of Health and all other local stakeholders
- Represent the project in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations
- Coordinate activities with other agencies and closely collaborate with key staff on implementing activities
- Ensure technical compliance with USAID rules and regulations
- Work closely with HQ staff to ensure effective, timely and coordinated project implementation
Focus on achieving results in all areas on schedule and maintain positive relationships with GoKE officials, partners, and implementing partners