Khulisa seeks a qualified and experienced Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for a 5-year USAID Monitoring, Reporting, and Capacity Strengthening (MRCS) activity.
The activity aims to complement and augment USAID/Senegal/Sahel Regional Office’s (SRO) performance management of the activities within its portfolio. The MRCS activity will support SRO and the Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance activities in Burkina Faso, Chad, The Gambia, Mauritania, and Niger, and will help USAID make informed strategic and management decisions.
This is a full-time position based in Dakar, Senegal, and is contingent upon project award to Khulisa.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The Senior M&E Specialist will:
- Oversee and participate in evaluations and assessments throughout the life of the task order.
- He/she will be responsible for organizing and managing all monitoring tasks. It is expected that the Senior M&E Specialist will also serve as evaluation team leader for most evaluations conducted under this contract.
- S/he will also contribute substantially to the design and field testing of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks conducted under this contract.
- S/he will also be responsible for the design, quality, development and completion of all assessments, analytical reports, and evaluations.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field such as international development, project management, statistics, or economics.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of progressively more responsible experience in leading the monitoring, evaluation, and analysis of donor development projects.
- Experience in design and implementation of evaluations of development interventions.
- Experience in design and field testing of data collection instruments (e.g., questionnaires and interview guides) and in advanced research methods and sampling
- Experience in design for M&E systems, data quality control and reporting for projects and programs.
- Previous substantive experience working on an evaluation team. Previous experience serving as evaluation team leader is highly desirable.
- Previous experience working in Senegal required.
- Experience in other countries in the Sahel (Niger, Burkina Faso, etc.) highly advantageous
- Experience working on USAID projects strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication and presentations skills.
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English and French
Khulisa is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Khulisa provides market-competitive salaries and employee benefits.
Please apply with a comprehensive CV highlighting experience to firstname.lastname@example.org