Early Childhood M&E Expert wanted
JHB, South Africa
(Must be able to work exclusively and full-time on this project for at least a year)
Khulisa is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist to work in a potential project. The person must be committed to working exclusively and full-time on this project for at least a year (with potential for extension), based at the Khulisa office in Johannesburg, South Africa. The work will entail some travel within South Africa.
Client seeking MEL support to develop country initiative MEL Strategy and provide capacity building and MEL support to a variety of partner organisations in South Africa.
- Experience of the Early Childhood Development and formal education sector in South Africa;
- Experience of developing and implementing MEL frameworks;
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation experience;
- Familiarity with a wide range of approaches to needs assessments, capacity building, mentoring and technical MEL support;
- Demonstrable evidence of being able to mentor, support and build capacity of a range of organisations depending of their needs and present capabilities;
- Advanced academic degree in education, political science, international development or a related field from an accredited university;
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills, interpersonal skills and discretion in cross-cultural situations;
- Proficiency in at least one local South African language;
- Understanding of the South African education space is essential; and
- Experience with having designed, implemented and evaluated advocacy initiatives is desirable.
Send CVs and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 13 2017.