USAID/Southern Africa Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Knowledge Management IDIQ, South Africa
5 YEAR FULL TIME CONSULTANCY OPPORTUNITY
Lead Knowledge Management Expert
Must be resident in South Africa
- Conducting knowledge audit(s) focused on USAID/Southern Africa Mission, including knowledge needs analysis; knowledge inventory analysis to cover workflow and business processes analysis, content analysis and IT systems analysis; knowledge flow analysis; and knowledge mapping.
- Actions and activities for creating a knowledge-sharing culture, including position descriptions; knowledge-sharing and/or mentoring goals; a reward system; and formalizing regular networking opportunities for the sharing of knowledge, incl. brown bags, presentations by experts and workshops.
- Actions and activities for supporting the knowledge management process, including integrating knowledge sharing and learning into development programs and activities; creating capacity for simplified information access; and establishing After Action Learning processes for lessons learned.
- Actions and activities for the effective utilization of technology, including establishing and maintaining expertise directories and employee portal(s); developing a document management system; knowledge mapping; After Action Learning programs; and institutionalizing training programs.
- Ensure that short- and long-term knowledge management team members recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise.
- Undergraduate degree or higher in field related to organizational learning, knowledge management, political science, economics or development studies.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in knowledge management and organizational learning in development.
- Possess in-depth understanding of knowledge management principles and activity design and delivery.
- Previous experience linking content development and engagement strategies that facilitate the delivery of information through learning platforms and activities with USG policies familiarity.
- Previous work experience in Southern Africa region.
- Fluency in written and oral English required.
This position will be based full-time in South Africa. Locally based South African citizens or permanent residents are encouraged to apply.
Anticipated start date: LATE 2017 or early 2018 (to last 5 years)
Interested? Do you meet all the above requirements?
Email: Comprehensive CV highlighting the above criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will only contact short-listed candidates.