TWO CONSULTANCY POSITIONS –
M&E Specialist/Advisor & GBV Expert
12 month consultancy opportunity
Minimum 5 years’ experience in Humanitarian and emergency operations including evaluations essential. Must be familiar with refugee and displaced population’s contexts. Based in or outside of the U.S., U.S. citizenship is not required.
Willing & able to travel for up to 5 weeks to Switzerland, Uganda and either Ethiopia, Kenya, South Sudan, Jordan, Iraq, or Turkey;
M&E Specialist/Advisor (Senior or Mid-Level)
- Experience leading, designing and implementing qualitative and quantitative evaluations in complex humanitarian settings;
- Extensive evaluation design, data collection, analysis, writing & dissemination experience;
- Experience leading and managing teams on large-scale evaluations.
GBV Subject Matter Expert (Senior or Mid)
- Must have experience conducting research on Gender-based Violence (GBV)/working on GBV programming/mainstreaming in humanitarian and emergency operations.
Requirements for both positions:
- Fully available for 12-month consultancy (this is not full-time employed);
- Willing & able to travel for up to 5 weeks to Switzerland, Uganda and either Ethiopia, Kenya, South Sudan, Jordan, Iraq, or Turkey;
- Relevant Masters, PhD or JD degree;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience;
- Must be highly familiar with refugee and displaced populations contexts;
- Must have experience with the humanitarian donor community/emergency settings, preferably in protecting and empowering women and girls;
- Experience and understanding of USG donor institutions, including U.S Department of State PRM and UN agencies’ highly preferred;
- Must have familiarity with guidelines and protecting confidentiality;
- Experience in participatory research, stories of change methodology, storytelling, case studies, etc.
- Proficient in English plus preferably in at least one other relevant language for fieldwork;
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Interested?
Do you meet the above requirements?
We will only contact shortlisted candidates meeting the above requirements