4 YEAR FULL TIME CONSULTANCY OPPORTUNITY
Chief of Party (COP)
Special Needs and/or Inclusive Education
Position will be based in South Africa
The goal of this assignment is to provide project leadership and technical support through strengthening system support in two education pillars; Special Schools as Resource Centres (SSRC) and District Based Support (DBST). It is designed to facilitate transition to inclusive schools and district support initiatives that contribute to improved literacy outcomes for children with barriers to learning.
- Advanced degree in related subject.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in providing technical guidance and oversight to Education, with particular emphasis on Special Needs and/or Inclusive Education policies and infrastructure, and Monitoring & Evaluation and related activities for USAID-funded programs.
- 7+ years in a management position, with at least 3 years of experience managing USG-issued contracts.
- Minimum 3 years of experience living and working in Southern Africa.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Excellent presentation and oral skills, including training.
- Provide project management and serve as primary point of contact with USAID/South Africa
- Provide technical guidance on Inclusive Education initiatives at District & School levels and M&E activities.
- Supervise short-term and full-time personnel.
- Collaborate with project partners, subcontractors and government stakeholders.
- Provide strategic vision and overall leadership; ensuring the provision of timely, high quality services.
- Ensure timely information on the progress and status of all activities; and ensure compliance and integrity of project operations.
Position will be based in South Africa.
Locally based South African citizens or permanent residents are encouraged to apply.
Anticipated start date: Late 2017 or early in 2018 (to last 4 years)
Interested? Do you meet all the above requirements?
Email: Comprehensive CV highlighting the above criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will only contact short-listed candidates.