Khulisa works with public and private sector partners in Africa, with global reach. Our key services include: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), Research, Data Quality Assurance, Performance Assessments, M&E Framework and System Designs (including customized reporting software or dashboards); and training and technical assistance. www.khulisa.com
Khulisa seeks a Project/Proposal Management Associate to join its growing U.S.-based office. The Associate is responsible for supporting the completion of tasks related to project support, technical implementation, operational support, recruitment, and business development. We are looking for a self-starter with strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated interest in project management and business development; ability to build and maintain successful relationships with internal and external parties; and demonstrated versatility. Khulisa has an office in Johannesburg, South Africa and there could be future opportunities working in the Johannesburg office.
Main duties include:
- Project Management Support: You’ll work with your team to determine what needs to be done to bring the project to fruition, including providing day-to-day support to project teams and clients, report writing and graphics, engaging in the planning and coordination of travel logistics, work plans, timelines for deliverables, scheduling meetings with consultants and stakeholders, and attending meetings with clients regarding projects and proposals.
- Business Development: You’ll actively engage in the recruitment of qualified consultants, including drawing up adverts and searching databases, arranging and participating in interviews, preparing and converting resumes and other proposal documents such as past performance reviews (PPRs) and corporate capabilities in desired formats, writing and/or reviewing technical sections of proposals, and developing and managing skills matrices. You will also attend DC-based conferences or meetings.
- General Office Management: including filing expense reports, scheduling and arranging client meetings, invoicing, and managing logistics for office staff and project staff. The Associate will also be responsible for providing travel support, including gathering relevant travel information, reserving tickets, and seeking necessary travel authorizations and approvals.
- Performing other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 1 to 2 year of relevant administrative or professional work experience, preferably in government consulting.
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills, word processing abilities, knowledge of MS Office applications, and high attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Fluency in English is required; proficiency in a second language is preferred
Khulisa is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.