Statistician: Public Health
Working experience in Southern, Eastern or Western Africa region
Fluent in English and French or English and Portuguese
Experienced statistician with extensive experience in large-scale surveys and statistical analyses. Must be fully available for consulting work (not full time employed).
- Master’s degree in epidemiology, statistics, or other related fields;
- 5+ years’ experience in international public health;
- Experience with health facility assessments, data quality reviews or other similar large-scale surveys;
- Familiarity with statistical packages and tools to facilitate data capture (CS Pro), data analysis (SPSS, STATA, excel, etc.) and GIS mapping;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English and French or
- Experience working with international teams
- Able to interact in a culturally appropriate manner with a range of stakeholders, from high level government officials to community members;
- Experience working in either Southern, Eastern or Western Africa region.