Khulisa Management Services Inc. (www.khulisa.com) is seeking an experienced, self-directed, and entrepreneurial Senior Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Manager to join our team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to develop technical and organizational leadership in a dynamic and expanding small business with an international footprint.
Since 2001, Khulisa has provided monitoring, evaluation, learning (MEL) research, results management, analytics, and data quality assurance services to over 200 public and private sector partners globally.
The Senior M&E Manager will be responsible for leading M&E assignments and providing technical inputs into proposals in line with Khulisa’s long-term corporate strategy. S/he will work closely with Khulisa’s business development, contracts, HR, finance, and technical staff.
Reporting to a Khulisa technical director, the Senior M&E Manager will develop strong working relationships with technical experts, project managers, potential partners, and business development staff. The ability to bring together diverse resources to produce winning proposals is an essential component of the position along with being able to lead assignments.
The successful candidate will also have sectoral expertise including one or more of the following: health, education, energy, democracy and governance, security cooperation, and economic development.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Master’s preferred in Monitoring/Evaluation, International Development, Business Administration, or related field;
- 10 to 15 years demonstrated work experience in progressively responsible positions focused on M&E in an international context, preferably in a developing country;
- Knowledge of, and experience with, a wide range of innovative evaluation methods/ approaches and analytical designs, including strong quantitative and qualitative research skills required;
- Experience in business development for M&E in the health, education, or other social sectors highly desirable;
- Demonstrated knowledge of multi-lateral and bilateral donor agency activities and policies/procedures (e.g., United States Government (USG) agencies, such as USAID, Centers for Disease Control, State Department, Department of Defense; FCDO; United Nations, etc.);
- Energetic and quick learner. Good work ethic – willing to go the extra mile to meet organizational requirements;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write concisely and persuasively, especially with proposals, reports, and presentations
- Analytical, logical, and deductive reasoning skills; and
- Excellent written and spoken proficiency in English required. Knowledge of a second language an advantage.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in the following:
Thinking and Acting Strategically
- Ability to think conceptually about the “big picture” and in which direction the organization should be headed; and
- Ability to develop long-term plans to achieve desired outcomes and link daily work to long-term vision.
- Proven track record of building strong successful relationships with partners and donors in international development to add value and further the interests of the organization;
- Forming strategic alliances with potential bid partners and sub-contractors.
Individual, Team, and Organizational Development
- Experience as a supervisor or team manager leading, managing, and motivating technically- and culturally-diverse teams;
- Ability to provide technical support for M&E activities, including mentoring and managing junior and field staff; and
- Holding self and team accountable for setting and meeting organizational goals.
Resource & Process Management
- Efficiently managing resources (people, funding, materials and space) and processes to achieve organizational objectives;
- Leading and overseeing the performance of M&E/business development activities (internally and in the field) and ensuring achievement to expected standards;
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting performance expectations (quality, quantity and time/deadlines); and
- Willingness to travel internationally and in the U.S.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and motivational covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Remuneration package is negotiable dependent on experience and skill. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Should you not hear from us in 6-8 weeks, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.