USAID/Southern Africa Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Knowledge Management IDIQ, South Africa
5 YEAR FULL TIME CONSULTANCY OPPORTUNITY
Lead Evaluation Expert
Must be resident in South Africa
- Impact and Performance evaluations, including designing, developing, implementing, reporting and utilizing quantitative and qualitative methods to develop quasi-experimental or experimental designs; incorporating gender and other relevant thematic analysis.
- Meta-evaluations utilizing open data source integration and cost benefit analysis and cost effectiveness analysis including designing, developing, implementing, reporting and utilizing quantitative and qualitative methods, and incorporating gender and other relevant thematic analysis where possible.
- Data management, including aggregating and reporting monitoring data and GIS mapping support.
- Capacity building, providing guidance and on-the-job and classroom training to USAID and stakeholders.
- Monitoring, evaluation and learning technical assistance, including USAID Mission Portfolio Reviews.
- Developing peer review mechanism tool(s) and coordinate engagement process.
- Report writing, including data quality analysis, performance management plan reviews, research and assessment reports, and evaluation reports.
- Master’s degree or higher,
- Professional training in evaluation design and methods.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in design, management, and implementation of evaluations including impact and performance, analyses and assessments, population based surveys, data quality verification.
- Excellent data analysis skills incl. statistics and sampling methodologies using SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, etc.
- Previous experience in the gender dimensions of evaluations.
- Extensive experience providing training and mentoring on evaluation- related subjects.
- Familiarity with USG policies, preferably USAID policies, related to evaluation management plus a diverse set of USAID programming, i.e. health, agriculture, education, governance.
- Previous work experience in Southern Africa region.
- Fluency in written and oral English required
This position will be based full-time in South Africa. Locally based South African citizens or permanent residents are encouraged to apply.
Anticipated start date: Quarter 4 2017 or early in 2018 (to last 5 years)
Interested? Do you meet all the above requirements?
Email: Comprehensive CV highlighting the above criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will only contact short-listed candidates.