Based in West/Central Africa
Preferably in Gabon, Cameroon, DRC, Equatorial Guinea, Burundi, São Tomé and Príncipe
Khulisa seeks several qualified, experienced Macroeconomic specialists with experience conducting evaluations for upcoming Capacity Development (CD) vehicle midterm evaluations.
Successful candidates will be contracted for 12-14 months on a short-term consulting, part-time basis.
- Master’s degree in economics, with a focus on macroeconomic policy or in statistics with an economics background (PhD preferred).
- 10+ years’ professional experience in macroeconomic policy areas, namely fiscal spending, sovereign debt, price shocks, monetary policy, balance of payments and revenue policy.
- 5+ years’ experience in macroeconomic statistical analysis with a focus on public debt, fiscal expenditure, debt-to-GDP ratio, balance of payments and/or high-frequency indicators (highly advantageous).
- Experience with a mixed method evaluation methodologies, including performance evaluations.
- Familiarity with using the OECD-DAC criteria to conduct evaluations.
- 10+ years’ experience with quantitative/qualitative data collection methods, analysis and reporting, including published reports with several stakeholders.
- Expertise in conducting evaluations of fiscal macroeconomic policy or statistical systems (highly advantageous).
- Some experience in the delivery and review of Capacity Development, preferably for states.
- Extensive experience working in low to middle income countries particularly in Africa, the Middle East, Central Asia, South East Asia and Pacific or Latin/South America, and/or fragile states.
- Essential: Ability to work in English, proficiency in at least one local language. French and/or Portuguese proficiency preferred.
- Preferred: 10+ years’ experience formulating/consulting on macroeconomic policy for states or intergovernmental organizations.
- Preferred: Knowledge of the work of Sustainable Development Solutions Network, Simon Fraser University, UNIDO, Open Data Watch, Center for International Earth: Science Information Network, and/or the Overseas Development Institute.
Must be based in either:
- West/Central Africa: preferably in Gabon, Cameroon, DRC, Equatorial Guinea, São Tomé & Príncipe or Burundi.
- East/Southern Africa: preferably Kenya, or Zambia.
- Middle East, Central Asia or North Africa: preferably Jordan or Tunisia.
- South East Asia: preferably the Philippines or Indonesia.
- Latin/South America: preferably Bolivia or Haiti.
- Fully available for part-time consulting for 12-14 months (not full time employed).
This is a part time consulting position and is contingent upon a contract award to Khulisa.
Interested? Do you meet the above requirements?
Submit your CV, confirming positions qualified for, by
Friday, 19 February
We will only communicate with shortlisted candidates meeting all of the above requirements