Khulisa Management Services has 25 years’ experience in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E), research, learning and data quality assurance services for governments, donors and foundations across the globe.
M&E capacity building is central to our approach. Since inception, Khulisa has focussed our efforts on advancing the understanding and quality of M&E in Africa.
We are now offering M&E Courses to build on this goal.
Here’s what you need to know:
Who should do Khulisa’s M&E Course?
The course is offered to experienced technical professionals equipping them with key M&E skills to implement and manage M&E systems in their own organisations.
What are the requirements?
An undergraduate degree and some work experience with an interest in M&E.
You will need a laptop that has Microsoft Office 2013 or higher.
You will need to have basic Excel skills.
What is the course duration?
To complete the full course will take between 6 and 8 months on a part-time basis. The four modules are offered over 5 days and practical work-place assignments are required between the modules.
How will I be assessed?
The course comprises practical assessments between each module and feedback is provided.
Assessment will include peer reviews, self-review, trainer assessments, pre and post surveys and a Portfolio of Evidence.
Will I be required to do assignments?
Yes, after every module you will be required to engage your colleagues in activities to complete your assignments. These will all contribute to a Portfolio of Evidence and will be assessed.
Where will the training take place?
The training will be in Johannesburg.
|Module 1 — February 27-28 2019|
|Module 2 — April 03 2019|
|Module 3 — May 29 2019|
|Module 4 — July 31 2019|
|Assignment due 30 August 2019|
|Final Feedback and Graduation 2 October 2019|
31 January 2019
What do I need to apply?
- Letter of commitment with authorisation from your employer or organisation
- A copy of your ID or Passport
How do I apply?
Click on the link … (PS have the documents ready to upload to make it easier for yourself)
When will I know I have been accepted?
Monday 12 November 2018
Please note that the course is limited to a maximum of 25 participants. If the course is fully booked we will book you on the next course. Selection will be on a first applied basis.
Once you are registered Khulisa will issue you an invoice.
Invoices must be paid before the training begins (by the 31 January 2019)
Type of learning: Face-to-Face and experiential; mentoring provided
Accreditation: Currently non-accredited, currently applying for accreditation
Costs: R11,000 excluding VAT per person. A discount is offered if 2 or more people from the same organisation register.
Other options and bespoke M&E training are available on request.
How will this training benefit you and your organisation?
By the end of the training you will have increased your M&E knowledge and skills in the following:
Document organisational M&E Strategy based on a clear Theory of Change
Demonstrate results to funders, staff, development community
Ability to use higher quality data for informed decision-making
Ensure accountability to clients and partners
Produce reports for internal and external use
Know how to write a clear evaluation brief
M&E Overview (2 days)
- Understand and overcome fears about M&E
- Develop a Theory of Change (and Theory of Action)
- Select appropriate, useful indicators
- Adhere to ethical standards, especially relating to Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act
- Develop an M&E strategy
Data Quality (1 day)
- Design an appropriate data management systems (DMS)
- Ensure your DMS produces quality usable data
- Develop tools to assess data quality and identify data quality risks and take remedial action
- Build feedback loops that increase data quality
Data Analysis (1 day)
- Develop basic data analysis skills (quantitative and qualitative)
- Visualise the data
- Interpret the data for internal use, stakeholders and donors
Reporting (1 day)
- Write reports for internal use, stakeholders and donors
- Conduct internal evaluation versus external evaluation
- Ensure that your external evaluation terms of reference gets you the best evaluator and manage their work
- Build recommendations with your stakeholders and monitor performance