Consultancy opportunity – Eswatini
The USAID/Eswatini Client Management Information System (ECMIS) is a three-year technical assistance and capacity building task order that supports the Government of the Kingdom of Eswatini’s (GKoE) to develop, maintain, and use the Client Management Information System (CMIS). The CMIS is currently used by a large number of health facilities. However, others are still using different information systems including paper-based ones to collect patients and facility level data. The Ministry of Health (MoH) wishes to develop a DHIS2 based interoperable platform that will help integrate and share all its data from multiple data collection systems so that all users can efficiently and effectively view patient level data, summarized data , and monitor key indicators through nationally generated, locally operated dashboards and analytics apps.
The project is seeking a competent DHIS specialist consultant to support the Eswatini Ministry of Health. The consultant will work to carry out the following tasks through a phased approach:
- Phase One – Tool Training and Technical Design; Phase Two – Reports and Dashboard Development
- Phase Three – Testing and Deployment; and, Phase 4 -Data warehouse Design and Implementation
This is not a full-time position. The assignment is expected to be carried out from March 2020 to September 2020. Some remote work. The specialist must be willing and able to travel to Eswatini.
- Degree in a relevant field (computer science, data/information/health management, econometrics, advanced statistical analysis, information technology, and software engineering).
- Have been trained on DHIS2 through DHIS2 Academy series (Level 2) provided by the University of Oslo and its hubs (www.dhis2.org/academy) will be an added advantage:
Technical skills and experience required
- Demonstrable skills in working with one or more programming languages including Java Runtime Environment (JRE 7 or higher), Apache HTTP Server, Apache Tomcat, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server
- At least 5 years of DHIS2 configuration and administration experience for health information systems.
- Expertise in information system management especially on web-based software platforms and database administration will be an added advantage
- Excellent skills and experience in training facilitation, mentoring and capacity development
- Demonstrate oral and written communication skills, including presentations
- Experience in providing similar support and input in HIS, preferably in countries in the region. Skills and experience setting up integrated system is an asset
- Experiences in working in health system strengthening and health information systems
- Experience in training on DHIS2 application and management
- Fluency in English is essential
- Design and development of facility dashboards and program level dashboards using data from the existing patient level Health Information System (HIS)
- Design and development of an interoperable environment (Data Warehouse) for all Health Information System
- Fully functional reports, charts, data visualization, GIS map and dashboard
- User Training Manual/material and Technical Design Document
- User Manuals for DHIS2 configuring and administration
- DHIS2 database testing and deployment plan, including hosting options both on MoH and FEI systems servers
- Initial maintenance plan after final deployment including final presentation/workshop for staff
- Completed User Manual for the database system
Interested? Do you meet the above requirements?
Consultants CV should clearly indicate the above requirements email@example.com